Wintec's Student's Association (SAWIT) acts as a source of independent advocacy, information and representation for students studying at Wintec. Membership of SAWIT is voluntary and makes you eligible for all sorts of benefits, including subsidised USBs, binding, advice and much more. SAWIT is the point of contact for Student Job Search.
SAWIT's objectives are:
- To further, protect, encourage and promote the common interests of all SAWIT members.
- To represent members on matters of common interest.
- To promote, support and advance the educational interests of members.
- To establish, operate and maintain services and amenities, which will foster the social, cultural and sporting life of members and which will promote the physical and mental welfare of members.
- To establish, operate and maintain services that will enhance members' educational experience, including the promotion of clubs and societies that will further the objectives of SAWIT.
- To share information with members all matters affecting their interests
- To recognise and act consistently with Te Tiriti o Waitangi/ The Treaty of Waitangi.
Student reps help communicate student concerns to the Student Representative Council which works to protect and enhance the interests of students.
If you are interested in becoming a student rep, or wish to contact SAWIT, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the City Campus, the SAWIT office is in the Gallagher Hub, phone 838 0557, or fax 8587535.
At the Rotokauri Campus, the SAWIT office is in C Block, phone 834 8800, extension 8173.