Please read the Terms and Conditions of this website carefully as any use of the website by you constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Throughout this site, the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Wintec (Waikato Institute of Technology).
Website Privacy Notice (Layer 1)
The Privacy Act 1993 governs how Wintec collects, uses, stores and discloses your personal information. This website privacy notice relates to information Wintec collects during your use of its website: www.wintec.ac.nz. Wintec will use your personal information for the purposes for which you supplied it, and/or for reasons otherwise permitted under NZ legislation. This notice operates in conjunction with any Wintec privacy policies that may apply to information collected by Wintec thorough its website. Click here to read the Wintec Website Privacy Notice and/or contact Warwick Pitts for further information.
Website Privacy Notice (Layer 2)
Wintec collects information from its website via two main methods.
- Wintec collects information that you choose to provide via the Wintec website (whether via PC or other electronic device). Personal information you provide may include your name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, student ID number, qualification and employment information (where applicable), and email addresses. This information is collected in a variety of instances, including but not limited to when you:
- email Wintec from the Wintec website;
- submit online forms;
- update your details and/or reconnect with the Alumni;
- submit an online request for information from Wintec.
- Wintec also collects information through data the Wintec website automatically captures. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The type of browser you use;
- The IP Address of the computer you are using and the MAC address;
- The date(s) and times (s) that you visited Wintec's website;
- The pages you visited on Wintec's website;
- Any files you downloaded from, or files uploaded to, Wintec's website and the file sizes;
- The previous website(s) you visited (i.e. the referring page, or the last page you visited before entering Wintec's website);
- Your access details for restricted sites used within the Wintec website.
Use and disclosure:
- Wintec will use your personal information for the purposes for which you supplied it, or for reasons otherwise permitted under the NZ Privacy Act 1993.
- Wintec may use your personal information for the purposes of providing its services, for research and/or marketing purposes, for dissemination of information, for student and system administration and management functions and/or for any other purposes for which the information was collected.
- Wintec generally will not disclose your personal information with others unless this is related to the purposes for which you provided the information, or Wintec is otherwise required by law to disclose it.
Your rights and choices:
You have the right to access any personal information Wintec holds about you, and to request the correction of your personal information if required. Please see our contact details below.
Wintec will take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to and/or use of personal information that it holds about you.
For further information on how Wintec collects and/or uses your personal information, please contact us on 0800 294 6832, or email Warwick Pitts.
Notice updated: 6/05/13
Cookies (Layer 3)
Cookies are small text files sent from the Wintec web server to your browser, which are stored on your computer's hard drive. When you request a page from the Wintec website, the cookies are sent to Wintec's web server. Some browsers allow users to disable the cookie function, but in doing so, you may not be able to access certain of Wintec's web pages.